Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Swim Suit Cover Up Makeover 1

I’m back from the dead.  It has been a horrible last week around our house, but life is starting to come back.  I now have a mountain full of housework and work work to do.  And of course I’m still trying to fit in all my alterations before we leave on our trip.

This one I actually finished up before I got sick, but finally managed to get some after photos. 

I bought this navy jersey dress at Target last year.  It was comfortable, but since I bought it for a swim suit cover up it looked a little too much like an office dress.  Everything was a little too covered up!

IMG_1111IMG_1112

I basically trimmed this dress everywhere.  I took in a couple inches from the neckline and maybe an inch around the arm holes and then 3 inches from the hemline.  Here is how it looks now.

IMG_1153

It looks a little more “beachy”.  The back is where I made the most dramatic difference, I ended up creating a deep vee in the back to essentially make it backless.

The bonus with this dress is that once you put on a belt and a pair of shoes, you can definitely wear this at night going out. 

IMG_1168IMG_1164

So now I have a versatile dress that can be worn out one evening and then a few days later I can throw it on as a beach cover up.  Which means more room in my suitcase for something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment