Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sources of Inspiration

There are a couple of design shows that I like to watch religiously.  Project Runway is one of them.  I usually have clear favorites when watching, but this season the designers have been all over the place and the challenges have been so “limiting” that it’s hard for me to pick a favorite.

I do however have two different designs that I am eyeing and hope to recreate one day.

First up is a chiffon number.  The judges didn’t actually like this print, and I sort of agree.  I do however have a chiffon print that I already purchased and was hoping to make into a dress, once I saw this design it gave me an idea.

project runway chiffon

This second one I absolutely love.  I love love love it.  I don’t think I can pull off as deep a plunge in the front, and I definitely can’t pull off as high of a slit, but maybe something halfway like it could be done.  This was made out of a soft jersey knit fabric with leather trim.

project runway jersey with leather

I also have been watching Fashion Star lately.  Does anyone else watch it and get mad when Saks Fifth Avenue buys something that you like?  Because then you know you can never ever buy it, the price will be ridiculously expensive.  Plus it just goes to show you that it could be the exact same item of clothing but sold in a different store can make it 100 times more expensive (maybe a slight exaggeration!).

Anyways…I am really starting to like jumpsuits.  Here was a design from last week’s episode.  It was for sale at Express, but all colors have sold out already.  I really wish I could have gotten over to the store to try it on.  I really want to make one, but I’m not sure how it will look on me.

fashion-star-johana-hernandez-strapless-jumpsuit-455x600

I’m thinking maybe I should attempt a shorts style one first…like this one.

shorts jumpsuit

Because if nothing else, it would make a cute swimsuit cover-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment