Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Peplum Top

We will interrupt the regular scheduled barrage of island wear to show you this new spring top I made.  I have been wanting to make myself a peplum top for awhile.  I wanted to go with a more casual style and not have it be so structured.  So I drafted up my own pattern and decided to test it out on some fabric that I was unsure what to do with.  It was a orange voile that felt great, but the pattern and color was a little much.

Here is how it turned out.

IMG_1234IMG_1230

I did a simple pleating detail at the neckline and then used elastic at the waist to create the peplum.  I like how it turned out, but again the fabric pattern itself is a little crazy.  So this makes a great option to wear under a cardigan.

IMG_1237

No comments:

Post a Comment