Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

23 Days Till Christmas

I always dread decorating the Christmas tree.  I’m not sure why, but it’s one of those tasks that waits till the end.  So I thought it would be a good one to incorporate as a family advent activity.

“Trim the Tree with Christmas Music and Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate”

First let’s talk about the Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate.  I got the idea from here.   If you would like to make some too, follow the link or you can just do it the, let’s just throw things into the blender way, like I did. 

We have a small personal drink blender, so in each glass I filled it halfway with milk, added one packet of hot chocolate, add a splash of the peppermint mocha creamer and then filled with ice.  I blended it up and then topped it with some whipped cream.  The picture below is from the link, I was not so fancy in my presentation.  My two year old and my husband could have cared less.  But it was Delicious!! 

peppermint hot chocolate

After we had our frozen treats we got out all the ornaments.  The kids liked looking at all of them.

IMG_2853IMG_2854IMG_2856

And I actually got my son to hang a total of three of them.

IMG_2858

Mom had to hang the rest and Dad got to pick up all the little metal ornament hangars that were thrown around.  But it was progress.  There is always next year!

IMG_2859

No comments:

Post a Comment