Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Upholstered Headboard

My goal was to create the cheapest version of an upholstered headboard that I could.  I looked all over the internet, but couldn’t quite find a tutorial for the direction I thought I wanted to take.

So in the end, I just made it up myself and enlisted my husband’s help in putting it together.

IMG_0493

We used 1x4’s to make a frame. Bought the cheapest sheet of thin particle board that we could find and finish nailed it to the frame.  I then stapled 2” think foam around the frame and lastly stapled on the fabric.

We just attached some picture hangers to the back of the frame and mounted the frame to the wall.  And we were done.

IMG_0498

No headboard – big blank wall.

IMG_0490

New headboard – the guest room is slowly starting to come together.

IMG_0497

In the end I believe we spent around $40 for the whole piece.

And really need to get working on a bed skirt or something to hide the mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment