Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Planning

I shared with you my ideas on our families Easter attire.  I was unsure if I was going to pull the plug and actually try and make everything.  Well this past weekend I went ahead and picked out the fabric, and then I ordered it.

After I hit purchase I realized that ordering fabric online this close to my “have to be done” date probably wasn’t a good idea.

Well I just received my shipping notification today with a delivery date of Monday March 25th.  That gives me less than a week to pull them all off, and even worse, no weekend time.

Here’s my refined game plan.

I’m going to start with Oliver’s tie.  Should be quick and easy.  Dad helped pick out the fabric for his little man, a bright little plaid number.

bowtieOliver tie plaid

Next I’ll give Bella’s dress a try.  This pattern I will be drafting from the inspiration photo and using some shirts that currently fit her.  I picked out a bright cheerful fabric for her to wear.

easter dress for BellaBella easter dress print

Lastly I will attempt my dress.  Of course with my indecisiveness I picked out two different fabrics.

Kristen easter dress fabricorchid jersey

 

If I choose to go with the solid jersey knit fabric, I will add the chevron lace as shown in my inspiration photo.

lace maxi

If I choose the print fabric, I will obviously leave off the lace.  For myself I will have to use a pattern.  I currently have three different patterns I am contemplating, I will modify them as needed (or to the best of my ability).

1881_DS_EN_D5_P5.indd2281_DS_EN_H5_R5.indd2406

Stay tuned to see if I will get it all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment