Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

It’s a Farm Party

My Son Oliver turned 2 this weekend.  He loves his animals, so we did a farm party for him.

The burlap and gingham banner read “Happy 2nd Birthday Oliver”.

IMG_1735

We had smores bars courtesy of this recipe.

IMG_1737IMG_1737

Brownie Oreo bites.  No recipe, just take an Oreo cookie top with peanut butter, add another Oreo and top with more peanut butter, then pour brownie batter around and on top of the cookies.  Bake according to your brownie recipe.  These were my favorite, although a lot of people liked the smores bars the best.

I also cut out little farm animals as toppers.

IMG_1738

Oliver’s birthday cake was a regular white cake with Oreo cream pudding in the middle.  I made the little cake topper out of skewers and patterned paper glued to string.

IMG_1739

I also made little Old MacDonald food signs for all the food.

IMG_1740

The birthday boy also got a special hat, and his own favorite drink….chocolate milk!

IMG_1753

For entertainment we had wagon rides on the riding lawnmower, a water hole (a.k.a pool), and horse rides on a little jump horse.

IMG_1749

Our little guests got to go home with brown paper cows filled with goodies.  I had Oliver help color the cows for everyone, and I glued them together.

IMG_1756

Thanks for stopping by our little Farm Party!

IMG_1786

No comments:

Post a Comment