Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Down on the Farm–Burlap and Gingham Banner

I just finished up making the birthday banner.  I thought I would give you a sneak peak.

There are many examples of burlap banners out there.  Some are painted, some are sewn.  Mine was a strange hybrid of ironing and gluing.

IMG_1687

And I never do things the easy way.  Here is the up close shot.

IMG_1688

For those crazy people wanting to know how I did mine.

1.  I picked a font I liked and printed out the letters I needed, then I cut them out.

2.  I traced the letters onto fusible craft weight interfacing (non sticky side).  I traced the back or negative side of the letters, so that once I put the fabric on, you could read them correctly.

3.  I ironed the fabric onto the sticky side of the interfacing.

4.  I cut out the letters and I cut out the shape I wanted for the bunting out of burlap.

5.  I hot glued the letters to the burlap bunting pieces.

6.  I cut thin strips of my gingham (or any fabric you are using).  I needed to tie my strips together to make them long enough to hold all the bunting pieces.

7.  Lastly I hot glued the bunting to the fabric strips, folding the bunting pieces over at the top and hot gluing that side down to the back, so that the top had a nice finished edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment