Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Challenge Space - The Home Office


I'm obviously not embarrassed to show off my extreme messes.  This is my home office.  It's attached to the master bedroom and you actually walk through it to get to my closet, or the screened in porch.  I actually do work from home a couple days a week, so I spend quite a bit of time in this room.

It's an absolute mess.  It has looked like this for years.  My office needs to serve dual purposes as being the place I can actually work my professional job and be the family command center.  You know a place to store all the school papers that come home and pay the bills.

This is the space I picked that I wanted to do a complete overhaul.  Both design wise and cleaning/organizing wise.

So here is what I am planning to do over the next month or so:

1.  Purge the space.  Letting go of old documents and books that are severely outdated.
2.  Deep clean the space.
3.  Paint the walls.
4.  Hang photos/artwork.
5.  New curtains....TBD.
6.  Rug?

To anyone else out there fighting the battle of school papers, I have some organizational ideas I will share with you later this week.

For today, I can share with you the progress I made on the first step, purging.  Here is how the home office looks after taking down 10 baskets full of recycled paper.




Now it's time to deep clean and get things moved and prepped to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment