Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

It's Been Two Years


Let's name a million excuses, because I definitely haven't written in awhile.  I think deep down I felt like it was a waste of my time.  What was I actually trying to accomplish by writing on a blog.  At one point I had thought maybe I could turn it into some type of career, but then I decided the professional career I had chosen was probably the right path for me at the time.  So I gave up writing on the blog.  Incidentally, I also gave up most of my hobbies too.  I just didn't have the time.  

More than a couple of years have gone by and I'm itching to make things again and I'm yearning to just talk again.  Whether anyone is really listening or not, it's therapeutic to talk.

I feel like I could talk forever at this point and it would get extremely boring fast.  So here are some highlights of things that have been going on behind the scenes.

1.  I have been researching nutrition like it's my job.  I have found so many interesting things that just make sense to me.  We have attempted a few different things and gone through definite trial and errors.   It's been extremely hard work, but I feel better.  I might explore this a little bit more in the future with this blog.

2.  I miss traveling.  We have gone on a few short vacations and taken some family trips.  If I were to rank the important things in my life, travel and life experiences would top my list.  Our family dynamics make travel really hard to accomplish.  We have been trying out different things to see how we can make this work for our family.  And everyone knows that no matter what you do, traveling with kids is hard.  I say it's not a vacation if you have kids, it's just doing the same parenting things in a different location.  It's still worth it in my book!

3.  We have been working on a few projects around the house.  I plan to share a few of them and just give some general updates.

4.  As I mentioned, I miss making things.  I'm not entirely sure how much time I will have to really jump into this portion of my life, but I want to give it a try.

5.  Some of you joined this blog way back when I used it as a platform to talk about my first born daughter Bella and what being a mother of a special needs child was like.  This part of my life is probably the hardest to talk about.  Unless I know you very well, it's extremely easy to pretend this part of my life doesn't exist.  When she was younger we had so many hopes and dreams that she would make progress.  It just hasn't happened.  I hope to be able to talk about this again.

6.  Parenting.  Parenting is hard.  Enough said.

7.  I am obsessed with the idea of minimalism, but haven't taken the plunge into implementing any of it into my life.  There's always tomorrow...….

So for now I kind of feel like a blank slate.  


No comments:

Post a Comment