Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

It's January - Time to Reset


I'm not a huge one for selfies, but this pretty much showcases the beginning of my January - Yoga and purging my house.

I've done yoga off and on for a few years.  Let's be honest, more off than on.  I have tried studio classes, DVD's, and YouTube channels.  For me, having three kids at home makes all forms hard to work in.  Studio classes are nice to actually physically get away from the house, but they are the priciest and hardest to actually make it there.  DVD's get too repetitive for me and after the first couple of times, I get bored of all the explanations.  So the newest form of YouTube has been great for me.  I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene

Even working in an at home workout is extremely hard.  I am the unfortunate type that needs 8-9 hours of sleep a night.  I am always jealous of the people who require less and can get up at 5am and work out.....that is NOT ME.  So in order to get my yoga in, I realistically have to carve time out and give up something else.  Right now it's been choosing to get into work about 20-30 minutes later so I have time for yoga in the morning.  I don't know if that choice will be sustainable, but it's working right now.  I have also fit it in when the kids get home from school.  Although doing yoga while the kids somehow find a way to fight about everything is usually when I need to power through it, not when I actually get to enjoy it.

I also just recently signed up for the January Cure through Apartment Therapy.  For those of you who don't know, Apartment Therapy is a design website (not really about apartments anymore).  Every year they do a January clean and purge assignment.  Every year I think how great it would be, and of course I don't sign up.  This year I'm ready to tackle it. For anyone interested it's not too late and you can join - The January Cure - Apartment Therapy

So far the assignments have been mental and thinking about what you want to do with all the spaces in your home, and getting ready to purge.  I have a feeling the tough work is coming....but I'm ready.

So that's what I'm focusing on for the month.  I like the idea of having goals for the months instead of having a new years resolution.  What are you focusing on for the month/year?

No comments:

Post a Comment