Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Main Floor Bella’s Room–Weeks 9 & 10

I haven’t even bothered to get out our good camera to take pictures of the progress yet.  So I thought I would post some snapshots from our phones on what has been going on these past couple of weeks.

The walls got painted and the ceiling fan got installed.  While we were waiting for carpet to be installed we used the bedroom as a painting spot.  First up was a big boy bed for Oliver.  We promised him a blue bed.  He decided he wanted to help again, so he put on dad’s flip flops and helped me roll on the primer.

01d5bd8b93eabcac9097dbb472ef3e518472815f18

He took his job very seriously.

015941f2fbaf3dc59999b29548f0d9d8bbb71fec16

You may notice in the photo above I chopped off my hair.  Here is a recent image from a concert Jesse and I went to (sorry for the dark image).

01a801aded6cad25728b04c54637c386361a34db21

The carpet in Bella’s bedroom did in fact finally come in after being backordered a couple of times.  A certain younger brother seems to think this new room is his to take all his toys into.  Also worth mentioning is the color on the walls.  I went with a “dusty coral” color and my final hope is to have a vintage girls bedroom for Bella.  While Jesse was painting the walls, he mentioned multiple times he did not like the color.  When Oliver got up from his nap and first saw the bedroom painted he claimed “Ohhh……I don’t like it”.

01b5615f80942337f5a0548f673d3646cf409b88cd

Although now that the carpet is in, drapes are hung and Bella’s bed has been moved into there, he told me yesterday she had a fancy room.  He also cracks me up because most of the time I wear “workout” type clothing.  Or anything remotely comfortable with my ever expanding belly.  If I do happen to dress up, fix my hair, and actually wear make-up he never fails to tell me I look pretty or beautiful.  And then usually ask me “Where are you going?”

Other big things happening this week, the fact that school finally starts tomorrow.  These last 5 weeks have been a little difficult with both kids home all day long, but I somehow made it through.  Oliver gets to start his brand new preschool and is pretty excited about it.  Here is part of the new playground setup at school.

0122ef25b2bec2de6ab4143a9b6ca5955ca77664fc

And lastly Bella is having minor heart surgery this Friday.  She has a small PDA hole that never closed up, so they are going in with a cardiac catheter to close it up.  It’s supposed to be an outpatient surgery, so hopefully it all goes smoothly.

And I’m just hanging on myself as this pregnancy nears its end and makes life pretty uncomfortable.  Sleep has been my enemy of late.  In fact most nights I can only get about 4-5 hours.  As you can tell it makes getting things done around here pretty difficult, as in our progress is at a crawl stage.  But with less than two months to go, we do have a few things that need to get done before the new baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment