Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DIY Jeweled Sweater

I loved this sweater the moment I saw it.

jcrew chandelier sweater

It’s the J Crew Chandelier Sweater, and it comes at a price of $168.  I purchased this plain grey sweater, and then decided I didn’t really like it.  It was just too boring.

IMG_2767

 

And it was the perfect backdrop to try and recreate the chandelier sweater.  I know I am not the first and I will not be the last.  But I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

IMG_2811

I went to JoAnn’s and picked out two different sizes of jewels.  I really liked the bigger jewels on the original J Crew sweater, but I didn’t have any luck finding jewels that big.  If you had more time to look around, or felt confident ordering jewels from the internet you could probably get a closer match.  In the end I think it works out good for me.  You still get the idea of the original.  Plus my kids love to pull on them, so I was glad they are a little smaller and I am crossing my fingers that I sewed them on well!

IMG_2820

My new sweater made an appearance at book club.

IMG_2823

Yeah for good friends, books, wine, and a new jeweled sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment