Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Team Spirit

It’s been in the upper 90’s around here for the past couple of weeks.  We are attending our first football game this coming weekend.  I have lots of Nebraska apparel, mostly cold weather appropriate, because most of football season it’s cold around here.  But for the first few games it’s always incredible warm.  I have been searching for a Nebraska tank top for awhile.  But all the ones available seem to be bedazzled.  And that’s not bad, it’s just not for me.  Not to mention anything sporting related always has a huge price tag.  I am guilty of buying too many $70 sweatshirts…I just love them.

I’ve noticed the trend in team wear is getting really cutesy for women.  Dresses, skirts, chevrons, jewels, etc.  I feel that in my stage of life (i.e not in college anymore) I really can’t pull that stuff off.  I tend to lean towards more geometric prints.  So I decided to sew up a striped tank for myself.

IMG_2160IMG_2171

It took a lot longer than I thought it would.  Not really because it took that long to sew, but because I haven’t had any free time to work on it.  I just finished it up today, and now the weather forecast has Saturday being nice and cool, highs in the 70’s.

Looks like I will be adding on some layers.

IMG_2164IMG_2175

And really with that weather it might be hard to pull off sandals.  Which means I might have to wear tennis shoes.  My biggest problem is, I don’t feel like I can pull off the skinny jean/sneaker look.

Then again, I will probably have a sweatshirt on at some point, so maybe I will just have to bring a change in shoes…that just might be getting a little too high maintenance for football!

IMG_2177IMG_2185

I guess I still have a few more days to figure it all out….but it better include the new tank top, even if all you see is the bottom poking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment