Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

On Trend–Shorts with Tights

I thought this was going to be a quick little project.  Nope.  But I guess it was worth the effort because I actually love them.

When I first was trying to decide what to wear with my new shorts and tights, I kept leaning towards this black turtle neck sweater.  It works, but I’m wishing I had a big statement necklace on to add a pop of color.

IMG_2302

So next up I tried mixing prints and adding a pop of color with a cranberry colored cardigan.  I think I like this look better.

IMG_2285

From pants that were never worn into winter shorts.

IMG_2236IMG_2281

And you might be asking yourself why this project took so long?  Because the pants were sized to fit my thighs exactly.  And since I don’t have skinny thighs but still wanted the shorts to flare out, I had to add panels to each side.  If you look closely you can see the panel in this picture.

IMG_2287

Then I sewed on the fold over hem separately so that it could be wider than the pants themselves.  This added additional and more complex steps.  Hind sight, I should have just widened the panel at the hem point and then folded up the hem…would have been much much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment