Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Island Pictures

I have a few “in action” shots of the clothes I made/altered for our vacation.

I got to wear my Easter dress again, which is a success for a handmade garment in my book.

IMG_4708

The second night I wore my remade dress/swim suit cover up.

IMG_1293

The third night I broke out the new stripped maxi dress I had made.

IMG_6809

And lastly, I snuck in this swim suit cover up I made using a self drafted pattern.  It’s hard to tell what it looks like exactly in this picture, so I will have to do a separate post on it sometime this summer.

This picture was taken at our favorite little dive snack shop on the island.  Definitely the best milk shakes!!

IMG_6844

I did wear my other swim suit cover ups I had altered, but didn’t get any snap shots of them.  I will have to admit that even though I felt like I was running out of time, I really enjoyed being able to hand make or reuse items I already owned for this vacation.  I did not buy a single thing for this trip (In fairness I did spend $10 for the striped gray fabric you see above and $5 for trim to alter one of the swim suit cover ups).

If you would like to see the full post about our whole vacation trip to Cayman Brac….go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment