Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Spring into Summer Update


And just like that 3 months has gone by since I've been able to post.  Work got busy.  As in crazy busy.  It's still crazy busy, but here is the thing, I can't keep up with it.  I can't put work first.  When I do, my health and well being takes a nose dive.  I don't have time to cook healthy meals, which affects the whole family.  I don't have time to clean the house.  My husband and I have no time to ourselves or each other.
It all came to a head a week ago when I was walking, just walking, and suddenly I was heading towards the floor.  My high heel had slipped and caused me to twist my ankle and go down.  I did very awkwardly catch myself on the back of a chair, so I didn't make it all the way to the ground.  But I managed to sprain my ankle good and give myself a good dose of embarrassment, as I was in a crowded restaurant when it happened.
After that embarrassing moment, I decided it was time to reprioritize.  I was going to start cooking and eating healthy again.  And as soon as my ankle heals up, I'm really going to get serious about adding a workout into my daily routine.

Here is daily life with the kids performing "Baby Shark" as I rest with my sprained ankle.


In other happenings.  We did go on our Napa Valley Trip.  Last we saw, I had modified my dress to take along on the trip.  Sadly, the weather forecast was calling for cold weather, so no dresses made the cut to go in the suitcase.


When I get more time I hope to do a post about our Napa trip.  We had a great time and loved the scenery.

Oliver just turned 8 this past week, and he requested as his gift, a trip to Worlds/Oceans of Fun.  I was more than happy to oblige his request for an experience over a thing.



The kids deemed the park more fun than Disney.  Gray is already requesting that her birthday present be a trip to the park.

Also in the month of June, Jesse turned 40.  We celebrated early with our trip to Napa and then locally by going out with friends down to the KC Crossroads district.  It was a fun night.


In a few weeks we head off to Colorado for our summer vacation.  We are looking forward to it, but for now we are pushing ourselves to the max trying to fit in our crazy work schedules, with the caveat for myself of making sure I am taking the time to cook healthy meals.


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite memories with you is our trip to World's of Fun! That and our dates to Subway ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How we somehow got onto I-35 towards Des Moines, instead of I-29 towards Omaha and drove through backcountry Iowa to get home. I still tell people that story :-)

      Delete