Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

The Vacation Clothing Syndrome

What is it about vacations that makes us want to go out and buy all new clothes?  Just me??  It's not like we often will know anyone we see on vacation that would even realize the clothes are new.  Nor would we see them again.  In fact vacations should be the time you can get away with wearing anything. 

Every time we book a vacation I worry about what we are going to pack and what clothes I am going to wear.  Especially when it's an adult only vacation.  I usually look at this time as me being able to wear something a little bolder.  Something that I don't have to worry about what it will look like when kids are pulling on it or spilling on it.

Since I made a pact with myself this year to not buy new clothing, it's time to revamp some clothing for our upcoming "We are turning 40 - Napa Valley - BottleRock Festival Vacation".  While trying to get some inspiration pictures for our vacation I made the fatal flaw of searching festival outfits.  Being that I'm turning 40 this year, I should probably wear a little more clothing than your typical festival goer.

So the first dress up in my closet is one we will call - The Pilgrim Dress.  This one was named and nominated by Jesse.  I actually don't mind it as is.  I think it's main problem is that there is a lot of fabric and it kind of swallows my smaller statue.



My inspiration picture for changing this dress is these button down midi dresses.
I chopped off the length, neckline and sleeves of the dress.  I then hemmed them all up and here was the result.


I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off the hat.  It seems practical for a summer festival in California....I just don't know.  Also full disclosure, the filter on the pictures was used so that I wouldn't have to put on makeup and because I didn't realize till afterwards that the mirror was all dusty.

Here is one last look, side by side of the before and after.





No comments:

Post a Comment